Air-cooled VW Performance
Reasonable to Completely Insane!
Just need a little more power or are you looking for some serious speed? We are here for it all. Sometimes all you need is to get your bus up to the mountains a little quicker, but you may also want to terrify unsuspecting friends who have no idea how fast your Bugg is. There have been so many developments since the 1930s when these engines were first developed, that we can maintain the soul of your VW, while making it faster and more reliable than ever. Fish has developed a reputation as a premier engine builder and loves a new challenge. Drop by and let us know what you have in mind.
Type of Builds
- A little more power
- A little more power with A/C
- All motor street performance
- Off-road performance
- Fuel Injection
- Class 11
- VW spec racing
- Dirt track
- Porsche 912, 914 and 356 engine replacements
- Kit car installations
- Type I, II, III and IV
- Seriously, we’ll put a turbo in anything! Microbuses, Beetles, Karmann Ghia’s, 914s, sand rails, bajas, kit cars and more!
- Street, track and off-road
- With lower compression, a turbo is easier to start.
- When you are just cruising down the road or highway, a turbo charged engine will settle down and get pretty good mileage.
- Power on reserve when you need it.
- One of the most cost-effective ways to get more horsepower.
- Potential to make scary amounts of horsepower with a serious engine build.